Our experienced and passionate Early Years team work closely with families to ensure all children enjoy their first year at school and reach their potential.
Within our EYFS policy our aims are stated as:
- Provide a safe, challenging and stimulating environment which is responsive to the needs of all children attending the setting;
- Provide a broad, balanced, relevant and creative curriculum;
- Establish foundations on which the children can develop into independent and life-long learners;
- Provide support for children to build relationships through the development of social skills such as cooperation and sharing;
- Provide a structure for learning which has a range of starting points and unlimited availability for development through a wide range of new and exciting first-hand experiences;
- Provide the knowledge and skills that the children will require in readiness for future learning and development in Key Stage One.
Our aims are delivered through a curriculum that embraces children’s interests through structured planning for each term. More detail and information is available through the EYFS curriculum overview document on our website and other listed published documents. We recognise that the environment plays a key part in supporting and extending children’s development. The physical Early Years environment has open and spacious inside and outside shared areas which are loosely zoned into areas of learning so children can locate and access resources independently, whilst having the flexibility to move resources from one area to another as the direction of their play changes.
The outside area is fully safety surfaced with astro turf to enable climbing activities to take place safely. There are quiet rooms / areas allocated to each registration class where children can participate in adult led activities without being distracted by the open plan areas.
There are long periods of time allocated daily where children free-flow around the inside and outside areas engaging in child initiated activities.